Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Taiwan Trip - Yonshin Tea & Cake Selection Bar

Located a one corner of the street in Gaoxiong, Yonshin Tea & Cake Selection Bar opted for a vintage concept for its interior. Another photoshoot place for those who likes to take vintage looking photos. Walking into the bar,  I felt that I was transported to another timeline, probably the 50s and I was mesmerized by this.
Some kind of old radio I guess. 
This radio was placed like it was meant to be there. I'm guessing its a radio, kinda forgot to ask. *haha* The place is warm and welcoming, just like a cafe, where I would love to chill and read a book to spend my afternoon or hang out with my friends. Instead of a cafe, this place serves tea, hot brewed and cold brewed tea. Cold brewed tea? Not literally hot tea with ice but prepared with 5 degrees water and placed in the fridge for 8-24 hours, depending on which kind of tea.
6 cold tea selections, available for take away too! 
Something different from what I usually drink in Singapore, I don't remember we have such cold brew tea, apart from getting my cold tea fix of Oolong from MUJI *haha*. 
Preparation counter, look at those tins of tea leaves.
Since cold brew tea is something different, I got a chance to try out their cold brew tea, served in wine glasses. As mentioned by the boss, to serve in wine glass is to bring out the taste of the tea, the fragrance and the colour.
The only decent photo I have with the tea wine glass. 
Had a chance to taste a few different teas and I think the one I like the most, and by far most, favorite of most ladies (according to the 店长) is the Hualian Honey Aroma Black Tea (花莲蜜香红茶). It has the light flowery smell yet not too strong on the taste.
Up close of the 6 Cold Brewed Tea that they have in store. 
Besides just tea and cakes and pineapple tarts, they also serve main courses! Their food isn't really westernised but retaining a little Taiwanese style and steering a little towards Japanese in taste and style. You can have a cold brewed tea first before meal and order hot brewed tea after meal, as suggested by the boss. Worth the try to spend a few hours there drinking and having meals, while catching up with life.

I even ate Rice Noodle Soup with Squid Taiwanese Style (小卷米粉汤), the taste of the soup overpowers the fact that I hate Rice Noodles. [Ok, besides the soup that was really nice, but because the boss was just standing there, it wasn't nice to say no to others who had already prepared a small bowl for me]
Rice Noodle Soup with Squid Taiwanese Style (小卷米粉汤)
Handmade Dumplings with Sesame Dressing
Pan Fried Sea Bass Filet with Rice. Credits:周杰克.
These were some of the dishes we had that day. I think my favorite of all the dishes I had there was the Stewed Pork Ball in Brown Sauce (I kinda forgot to take photos before I ate them) and the Onsen egg that appeared in nearly every dish (haha, who can resist eggs?!). 

Their bottles for takeaway cold brewed teas are pretty too~~~ And if you are planning to be there for a short stay, bringing the bottles back to them you are entitled to 10TWD off your next purchase.
Look how pretty the label is. I know, I know, I'm a sucker for such stuff. 
More photos to spam on the vintage place. 
One cozy corner to take photos. I think at least 5 people took their photos in that position. 
The busy staffs behind the counter. 
Some of the little souvenirs you can get. 
Before I end this post, after all the lovely little vintage details, tea and food......
Notice the word TEA in the middle?
I didn't notice the word TEA in the middle of the Chinese word 鳳 until the store manager pointed it out. What a clever design, combining the 鳳茶 in one word.

Address of 永心鳳茶 Yonshin Tea & Cake Selection Bar:
No. 404, Jhong Shan 2nd Rd., Lingya District, Kaohsiung City, Kaohsiung City 802, Taiwan
苓雅區中山二路404號, Kaohsiung, Taiwan 802

Tel: +886 7 536 2718
Official facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yonshintea/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me a comment here and I'll be happy
゜+。:..:。+゜ (o´∀`o)──力ゎレlレl──(o´∀`o) ゜+。:..:。+゜